A Little Bit of History

St John's Players was formed on December 12th 1952,  by members of St John The Evangelist Church, Bourne Hill, Palmers Green. We first took to the boards at Lacey Hall performing Three One Act Plays.

The following year audience numbers meant a move to larger premises was necessary, and we have been performing in St John's Church Hall ever since.

We perform twice a year in May and November, and our plays range from serious drama to farce via murder mystery and comedy.

We have enjoyed success in local drama festivals, winning awards for productions including "The Elephant Man" , "Witness for the Prosecution" and "The Farndale Avenue, Townswomen's Guild's Production of Macbeth"

Over the years we have had many talented people as part of the group, sometimes for a single play, but usually for many years, making for a very friendly, fun loving group.

We are looking forward to celebrating our Diamond Jubilee in November.

For more information contact us.